Monday, December 18, 2006

'Tis the Season

Well, here it is. The week of christmas, and I have been such a Grinch this year! I have baked no christmas cookies; I've watched no holiday specials; I've only bought one gift; I was not in attendance at my work's christmas party (although, the reason I did not attend is because I was at a different party with Daryl...); and I have not sent (nor recieved, I might add) a single christmas card. Why am I such a scrooge?? Maybe it's because the weather is not sending out the usual wintery christmas vibe. As much as I hate being cold, there's something about Ohio winters during christmas time. It just doesn't seem like it's christmas without having to thaw out the locks on my car every morning. Or maybe it's because my shoes are too tight... or maybe it's because my head isn't screwed on quite right... but the biggest reason of all is that I work way too much (I know it doesn't rhyme, but I'm no Dr. Seuss)

Starting tomorrow, I will be heading off to work around 8am and won't stop working until 10pm. This will be all week. I need the extra money, and the discount at Borders is nice (okay, it's more than nice) but I feel like I won't have time to enjoy the Holidays. I do find comfort, though, in knowing that when January comes I'll have some extra cash to fall back on (I can finally start saving) while everyone else will be recooperating from the expenses of the season. In the meantime, if you don't see my face among the carolers outside your door, know that I am there in spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home