Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wedding Post #2

Here are some pictures of the reception. I don't have any pictures of the ceremony, because I had left our digital camera in our bag rather than giving it to someone to get pictures. There were lots of pictures taken, I just don't have them right now! I did not wear my gown to the reception because Jonah decided that it was just too uncomfortable. Instead I wore a white skirt and blouse, which I think was fine because the reception was so laid back.

Here is the cake! The bottom layer was Yellow (Daryl's favorite) and the top was Chocolate (my favorite) I thought it would look nice outside, but I don't think the caterer's were happy about having it outside rather than inside.

The cake topper almost didn't make it in time for the wedding! It arrived literally moments before the rehearsal dinner on Friday! It has mine and Daryl's initials. The flowers weren't supposed to be on the cake; it was just supposed to be plain and we were going to add daisies to it when it was being set up, but they decided to pipe roses on at the last minute. Didn't really go with the other decorations, but it was still pretty. The brown piping also started to melt, as it had also been on display during lunch.Cutting the cake. Daryl looks so into it, doesn't he?

Feeding Daryl the first bite. I am not sure why I don't have a picture of Daryl giving me a bite. I guess I eat too quickly. It was really delicious and moist!

Our wishing well invited guests to write down well-wishes for our new life, as well as to take a wish that we had created. In the middle of the table were our sand ceremony vases and information on our photographer's website, where she will be posting all the images from the wedding.
The tables looked wonderful. I had wanted just pink ribbon on the tables, but we ran out and had matching brown, so we added that to the centerpieces to even it out. The favors were "butterfly kisses" chocolate boxes, filled with homemade chocolates in the shapes of butterflies and chocolate kisses, and a donation in honor of our guests to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Everyone eating dinner. The menu was a big hit. I was thrilled that every one liked the choices, because I wasn't sure if every body would like the buffet.
Dancing!!!!!!
There are no pictures of Daryl and me dancing together because our camera was being used to take video. The other guests seemed to enjoy themselves as much as we did!

Loreto and Sheree. Loreto was also our DJ. He did a great job, and I was so happy to have a friend do it because we were able to keep it informal, yet entertaining for every one. Lo really is a great DJ!

Will and Heather

Noah and Grandma
Noah and "Great" Aunt Kay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home