Monday, September 04, 2006

Farewell to a childhood Hero

Last night we went to a new dance spot, Jillians, for a little swing and Salsa. My headache and cold were *not* giving way to the latin rythms (or the rum.. sorry boys) so I was content sitting and watching the US Open, which I had semi-planned on doing this weekend anyway. A busy summer had kept me away from Wimbledon, and thus I had no idea as I sat and anxiously watched my favorite player, Agassi, lose his third round that this would be his final.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2006/s1732173.htm

I cannot remember a time when watching tennis did not mean watching Agassi. When on the court, I strived to match his agility, his tactic, and his precision. Everything about his game was what tennis ought to be. It's been a good five years since I've even touched a racket, and at least seven since I've played tennis competetively, but I never stopped admiring the greatest tennis player of our time. Andre Agassi will be missed on the clay, but his game will be forever loved in our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home