Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hellloooo New York!

Daryl and I went to New York City a few weeks ago, and I thought I should post some pictures of the high lights. It's a great city, but I don't think I could survive there longer than a week. Maybe if we had stayed in a nicer hotel; the hostel was pretty gross, and didn't even have a kitchen (I thought it said on the website that it did) Note to everyone, stay away from Jazz Hostels unless you are really pressed for a place to stay- for what we paid, I was really disappointed! Although, we couldn't have gotten a better location. It was right down the street from all the museums, and next to Central Park!

Pictures!

This was the first stop, and by far my favorite.
The Museum of Natural History. We took a guided
tour of their dinosaur collection, which is the largest in the world.
Man those guys are cool!

The Hayden Planetarium is what made
the Museum of Natural History my favorite
stop. This is by far the coolest planetarium
I've ever been to. Unfortunately, there were no
star shows scheduled during our visit, but we
got to see an imax style movie about our universe.
The planetarium is featured in the movie K-Pax
if you want to see how awesome it is!

MoMA came in close second as my favorite. We got to
see several paintings that I adore. Starry Night was
one of them. We also saw Mondrian's Broadway Boogie Woogie,
and several of my favorite artists' work! You can tell that we're both starting to look
exhausted in the pictures.
The reason for our trip to NYC was to hear The Dalai Lama speak
at Radio City. Rockefeller square is insane. So is Times Square. I highly
recommend that everyone see the Dalai Lama speak if they have the chance.
After hearing the Dalai Lama, we went on a harbor cruise.
We were a little upset at first because the cruise was terribly delayed,
and it was freezing on the deck of that boat
but then we got to see fireworks over the Brooklyn Bridge!
Blogger won't let me put any more pictures, so I'll make this a two part post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home