Tuesday, May 27, 2008

ALOHA!!!!!

Getting here was an adventure (too much adventure even for me!) but we finally made it to Maui! We just finished our first day here, and all I have to say is wow. I have never been to a place more relaxing and laid back! It's hard to believe that getting here was so stressful! Of course I have pictures to share, as always!!! I'll post video of both Hawaii and the wedding onto YouTube soon, as well, but maybe not until we get back home because that takes more time then I wish to spend at a computer while in this beautiful place!

After almost 24 hours of traveling, we did not look out our window when we reached our hotel room (it was dark anyway) but when morning came, this is the view we woke up to! It was enough to take my breath away.

Breakfast at an overpriced buffet
Koi pond.
There are several of these throughout the resort, and there are scheduled times when children can feed them. It is really fun to watch the kids interact with these giant fish! They're curious about them, but also kinda scared of their big mouths.
Making a lei. This was actually very informative! I absolutely loved the flowers we used to make them.


Sitting in the pool area with my finished lei

Relaxing on the beach! There are no shells on this beach, but we walked along and collected bits of dead coral instead. It's a nice beach, but still no comparison to Florida's beaches!
Listening t o musicians with my "virgin" pina colada
Sunset
Tomorrow it is hula lessons and shopping at Whaler's Village! We're also going to go grocery shopping to make use of our HUGE kitchen in the hotel room, and stop eating at overpriced buffets!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home