Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Traditions

Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the cool weather, the smell of the trees, the changing leaves, and just about everything else. Of course I made sure we spent time as a family sharing some traditional fall activities. We went to an apple orchard today and picked our own apples, took a hayride, and selected a pumpkin. It was so disappointing that they were out of apple cider, but we got a lot of different varieties of apples to make apple sauce and caramel apples (my favorite!) Here are pictures from the day. Some are blurry because I forgot to tell Daryl that I changed the features on the camera to take pictures earlier. The video, as usual, will come later when it is finished uploading to youtube.

Picking Apples


The sweetest of the bushel
Walking through the orchards
Hayride!
Look what we found in the punkin patch!
They had pumpkins that were bigger than Jonah!

Our Pumpkin!

Completely unrelated to our farm adventures, my mom bought Jonah a swing and it arrived yesterday! She doesn't know that she bought him a swing, but she did! It has a star projector, a canopy, and plays not only lullabies, but also nature sounds! It swings two different directions: side to side, and front to back. Jonah loves it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home