Monday, September 08, 2008

On How People Move Their Junk

"Music is so important. It inspires us, and helps us move our junk..."~Ellen Degeneres

One of the things in this world that continues to remain inexplicable to me, as well as bring wonderful moments into my life is the way that music affects various peoples. In short, I like the way people "move their junk." This weekend, we were privileged enough to see the different ways in which individuals engage in "moving their junk" and I would like to document it here in this short commentary.

This is my preferred way to move my junk. The band that we are moving it to is The Boilermakers Jazz Band with Erin Keufel on Vocals (sorry if I misspelled her last name) They are a band from Pittsburgh, and one of my favorites. Erin is a local singer, and the best voice in Cleveland by far! The acoustics on the video does no justice to them at all.



Here are members of my home community moving their junk to African dance music. The musicians are the Kent African Drum and Dance Society, at Art in the Park 2008. Check out the older gentleman with the cane moving his junk. He totally rocks his junk.



Finally, we have steel drummers moving their junk, also at Art in the Park 2008. The group is Flash in the Pan.



Flash in the Pan made Jonah move his junk while helping Papaw with the sound equipment. Papaw helps people hear the band, and it's his job to make sure people want to move their junk when they hear the people on the stage!



Other things that make Jonah move his junk are:

The Sitar
Photobucket

The Alpaca
Photobucket

And our good friend, Troy!
Photobucket

Things that make Noah move his junk are:

The guitar
Photobucket

and Cake!!!
Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home